Monday, April 7, 2014

fourth post


Our original family had move to Toledo, Ohio we met with them the day before they left because we did not know they were moving but did know they were looking to move. I put that together when Wahab was so interested in the different types of highways and expressways.
            We met a new family, when we met with them it was only their sixth day in America! They already loved it; it was a middle-aged couple that you could just tell they were in love.  They were telling us about how they had been separated for months at a part because in Iraq were they were from if you worked for an American company people did not like you and would even try killing you. The father was at first very timid when talking about this was still a little nervous but after a few more minutes warmed up to talking about it because he knew he was safe in America. His wife knew very little English at times had no clue what we were talking about but the father kept the conversation going by knowing English well enough but still struggled at some things we talked about. They had a son who did not come out of his room very much he was always doing coloring books and playing with his toys. But the father told us how he just needed to get all the paper work finished to put his son in school knowing he needed to interact with kids his own age. The second time we visited them we decided to take them to the park it being a nice day they really liked the idea. They also really just wanted to get out and get some fresh air. We walked about a block to the park, they were happy to see how close it knew that there son needed to get out and run around. He brought his kite with him and we all watched him run around with it and the smiles on their faces were so big it even made me smile. I had no clue just going to a park could make three people so happy. The mother and father just sat there watching their son play. For a couple and family that in love it made me excited that I got to meet them and get to see what I was seeing. I was disappointed a little this would be my last time seeing them but leaving knowing that they were happy and did something they very well needed to do made me satisfied with not being able to talk with them again.
            While meeting this second family who I could see struggling with the new change but knowing they will be fine in the future made me think a lot. I could tell at first they were in culture shock. They did not know what to do but just knew they were in a better place. I learned after meeting them that coming over to a new country at first is very hard no matter how bad the place you left is. When being dealt to a place that probably does not fit what America is with being around cornfields and not the big cities people see from other countries it is very difficult. Them seeming like a family ready to take on the challenge I have a great feeling they will do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment